turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

bhupi

I didn't file my Tax in 2015 Do i need to file that first.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
JustinC

You can however it is not required. If you are wanting to file that with TurboTax you will need to use an installed program.

If you are asking because of the new AGI rule the IRS has made this year, then you should know that because you didn't file last year they have nothing on record and you will use your state ID instead. On the TurboTax website, in the file section where it asks for your AGI there's an option for I didn't file last year. That is what you would want to choose. Then you can enter your state ID information. Even if you go ahead and file 2015, the IRS would not use that for their records.

If you would like to download The 2015 program you can find it here:https://turbotax.intuit.com/personal-taxes/cd-download/

View solution in original post

1 Reply
JustinC

You can however it is not required. If you are wanting to file that with TurboTax you will need to use an installed program.

If you are asking because of the new AGI rule the IRS has made this year, then you should know that because you didn't file last year they have nothing on record and you will use your state ID instead. On the TurboTax website, in the file section where it asks for your AGI there's an option for I didn't file last year. That is what you would want to choose. Then you can enter your state ID information. Even if you go ahead and file 2015, the IRS would not use that for their records.

If you would like to download The 2015 program you can find it here:https://turbotax.intuit.com/personal-taxes/cd-download/

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies