Solved: I corrected the SS# on my kids and it still rejects the tax return?

I corrected the SS# on my kids and it still rejects the tax return?

The IRS will reject e-filed returns that are found to contain incorrect, mismatched, or already-filed Social Security numbers, birthdates, or names.  The following are two of the top causes of this rejection.

• You accidentally entered the wrong SSN or date of birth.
  • The Name and/or DOB you entered doesn't match IRS records for that SSN.

NOTE:  If you verified that the info you entered is correct, and you e-file again, the IRS e-file servers will almost certainly reject your return for the same reason. In this case, your only option is to paper-file (mail) your return. See the article below for more info on commonly-encountered rejection caused by incorrect, mismatched, or already-filed personal info.

[Edited 01.31.2018 | 2:31PM]

[Edited 01.31.2018 | 2:31PM]