Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

jpoobaugh

I click on the 1099-C button but it will not let me clear it how do I clear it?

I need to add information for a 1099-A I received.  I hit the button for 1099-C in error and now can not removed and the system will not let me enter the 1099-A or clear the button for the 1099-C.  How can I correct it?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
LeticiaF1
Expert Alumni

I click on the 1099-C button but it will not let me clear it how do I clear it?

If you want to delete the Form 1099-C, you can do so from within your tax return. Search for the form name in the search bar and select the Jump to link in the search results to get to the summary screen. From there, you can select the trash can icon to delete it.

If you are having If you want to delete the Form 1099-C, you can do so from within your tax return. Search for the form name in the search bar and select the Jump to link in the search results to get to the summary screen. From there, you can select the trash can icon to delete it.

If you are having trouble deleting the form, you should try clearing the cache and cookies. To do this, close your return and follow the steps below, depending on the version of TurboTax you are using:

• - If using TurboTax Online: Clear your cache and cookies. You can find instructions for your particular browser in this FAQ. You could also try using a different browser.

• - If using TurboTax Desktop: Please see this FAQ. Make sure you have run all the updates.

Regarding your Form 1099-A, this is a form you received from a lender if they foreclosed on your mortgage or repossessed your property due to a defaulted loan. If you received the form for personal property, such as your personal residence or automobile, you do not need to report it. However, you should keep it with your tax records. If you received it for business or investment property, such as a rental, you should consult a tax professional.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies