turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I changed my address from a PO box to a street address last year but I still live at the same place. Do I need to let IRS know?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I changed my address from a PO box to a street address last year but I still live at the same place. Do I need to let IRS know?

Not necessarily.  You can let the IRS know the change if you would like them to change where they send information to you.  The IRS usually only needs the information on your address so they can know where to contact you.  So make sure to put the address they can contact you on your tax return.  That will be what they need.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Not necessarily.  You can let the IRS know the change if you would like them to change where they send information to you.  The IRS usually only needs the information on your address so they can know where to contact you.  So make sure to put the address they can contact you on your tax return.  That will be what they need.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies