xoprincessk

I cant get any of my tax info for 2016 bc my parents claimed my son & I as dependents bc I was unemployed. Is there any way I could still file for this years taxes?

KittyM

If you were not required to file a return for 2016 because you were unemployed, your lack of a return for 2016 will not affect your 2017 filing.

You will not have any 2016 information to enter and you may skip any questions requesting 2016 information you do not have because you did not file.  When the software requests your 2016 AGI (Adjusted Gross Income), your answer should be 0 (zero).

KittyM

xoprincessk

Thank you so much! Can I ask you a few more questions please? So I actually started my claim on Saturday night, the 3rd, & every time I log in & click the "Take Me To My Return" button, it takes me to the "Creating an experience that's all about you, your life, and your money" page. It's been like this for 2 days now. I didn't add any of my 2017 W-2 info yet either. What can I do to get past this?
KittyM

The first recommendation in a case such as this (where the return gets stuck) is to change browsers.  This almost always resolves the problem.