April 14, 2018 4:41 PM
last updated April 14, 2018 4:41 PM
I cannot find the option when I click on "file" like the help page directs. Is their any other way I can do it please? I use the self employed version of turbotax.
April 14, 2018 4:59 PM
To import stock transactions (Form 1099-B):
- Continue your return in TurboTax Online. (If your return isn't open, you'll need to sign in and click Take me to my return. Make sure you are in the Federal and not the state section.)
- Click the drop-down arrow next to Tax Tools (lower left side of your screen).
- Select Tools (under Tax Tools).
- In the pop-up window, select Topic Search.
- In the I'm looking for: box, type 1099-b.
- In the results box, highlight 1099-b, then click GO.
- Answer Yes when asked if you sold any investments.
- Answer Yes when asked if you got a 1099-B.
- Choose your bank or brokerage from the popular choices or start typing the name then select it from the drop-down menu. Scroll down to the bottom of the screen and click Continue.
- Enter the ID and password, check the reCAPTCHA "I'm not a robot" box, and scroll down and click Continue to import your 1099-B.