Sign Up

Why sign in to the Community?

  • Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New Member

I cannot find where to enter my W2-G on the OR state taxes.

I live in WA, but won money at a casino in OR. Do I need to file my w2-G state taxes with OR?

1 Reply
New Member

I cannot find where to enter my W2-G on the OR state taxes.

Yes, generally, you’ll need to file a nonresident state return if you made money from sources in a state you don’t live in. Some examples are:

  • Wages or income you earned while working in that state;
  • Out-of-state rental income, gambling winnings, or profits from property sales.

Here's where you enter Form W-2G (Certain Gambling Winnings) in TurboTax:

  1. Open your return in TurboTax, if you aren't already in it. (To do this, sign in to TurboTax and select the Take me to my return button.)
  2. In TurboTax, search for W2G (lower-case also works) and then select the "Jump to" link in the search results.
  3. Answer Yes on the Gambling Winnings screen and follow the onscreen instructions to enter your W-2G.

After you've finished entering all of your gambling winnings, we'll ask about any losses you may have had. Losses can be deducted up to the amount you reported winning, but only if you itemize.

To prepare an OR nonresident income tax return, click on How do I file a nonresident state return?

Dynamic AdsDynamic Ads
Privacy Settings