wilsonte2243

I cannot eFile in TurboTax because my W2 has more than $18,500 457(b) deferral, Code G in W2 Box 12. This is not an error as I am over 50. How can I resolve and eFile?

wilsonte2243

I discovered that I needed to answer the query in TurboTax that yes, my employer is a state or local government. This apparently adjusted the limits to match governmental 457(b) plans. I no longer received the SmartCheck error on my W2 Box 12 Code G.

This was not initially obvious because my employer is a state university. I am not a governmental employee, yet my university's 457(b) is "a governmental deferred compensation plan".

wilsonte2243