Solved: I can't file my state return for some reason, and ...

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Announcements
TurboTax has you covered during Covid. Get the latest second stimulus info here.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can't file my state return for some reason, and it won't let me make any changes or see what's wrong. I want to efile, not mail it.

State is IL. At one point it told me my ssn on Federal did not match that on state, which I don't see how that is possible, since I've used Turbo Tax Deluxe for the past eight years and have had the same employer for the past six. It gave me a chance to re-enter the SSN on the federal but I'm totally hosed on the state one I guess.
1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Level 15

I can't file my state return for some reason, and it won't let me make any changes or see what's wrong. I want to efile, not mail it.

To e-file a State return, your Federal return needs to be accepted.  The State of IL tax forms are not finalized yet, you will not be able to file your State return until their forms are finalized & TurboTax has updated their software.

See the following for IL tax forms & when they are available.

https://www2.illinois.gov/rev/forms/incometax/Pages/currentyear/individual.aspx

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Level 15

To e-file a State return, your Federal return needs to be accepted.  The State of IL tax forms are not finalized yet, you will not be able to file your State return until their forms are finalized & TurboTax has updated their software.

See the following for IL tax forms & when they are available.

https://www2.illinois.gov/rev/forms/incometax/Pages/currentyear/individual.aspx

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

View solution in original post

Dynamic Ads
v
Privacy Settings