Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I can't file my state return for some reason, and it won't let me make any changes or see what's wrong. I want to efile, not mail it.

State is IL. At one point it told me my ssn on Federal did not match that on state, which I don't see how that is possible, since I've used Turbo Tax Deluxe for the past eight years and have had the same employer for the past six. It gave me a chance to re-enter the SSN on the federal but I'm totally hosed on the state one I guess.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I can't file my state return for some reason, and it won't let me make any changes or see what's wrong. I want to efile, not mail it.

To e-file a State return, your Federal return needs to be accepted.  The State of IL tax forms are not finalized yet, you will not be able to file your State return until their forms are finalized & TurboTax has updated their software.

See the following for IL tax forms & when they are available.

https://www2.illinois.gov/rev/forms/incometax/Pages/currentyear/individual.aspx

View solution in original post

1 Reply

To e-file a State return, your Federal return needs to be accepted.  The State of IL tax forms are not finalized yet, you will not be able to file your State return until their forms are finalized & TurboTax has updated their software.

See the following for IL tax forms & when they are available.

https://www2.illinois.gov/rev/forms/incometax/Pages/currentyear/individual.aspx

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies