Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I amended my 2023 Federal Tax Return and sent it electronically on 2/26/24. I want to re-send my state return electronically too but I do not see that option

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
DaveF1006
Expert Alumni

I amended my 2023 Federal Tax Return and sent it electronically on 2/26/24. I want to re-send my state return electronically too but I do not see that option

It depends.  Only certain states will allow an amended return to be efiled. Which state do you live in?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I live in Illinois.  I amended my 2023 IL state tax return. I initially paid $20 on 2/24/24.  I want to send the amended 2023 IL state tax return electronically through turbo tax.  How can I do this?

JohnW152
Expert Alumni

You can't e-file your amended Illinois return with TurboTax. See TurboTax's Help article Can I e-file my amended state return?.

Illinois may allow the e-filing of your amended return, but its File Form IL-1040-X, Amended Individual Income Tax Return, for tax years ending on December 31, 2021... page indicates this capability might be limited to a previous tax year.

Mail your Form IL-1040-X to:

ILLINOIS DEPARTMENT OF REVENUE

PO BOX 19047

SPRINGFIELD IL 62794-9047

See 2023 Form IL-1040-X Instructions for more information. 

See the TurboTax Help article How do I print and mail a return in TurboTax Desktop for Windows? for printing and mailing guidance.

[Edited 2/26/2024 | 2:06 pm CST]

@dkawa258 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies