Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

tnthicken

I am trying to pull last years turbo tax online over to the turbo tax i bought & downloaded this year. It looks like I am in the correct area, "Tax Home", now what?

Apparently in the tax home area i should see "show" next to Your tax returns and documents and go from there, but I don't see where that area is.
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I am trying to pull last years turbo tax online over to the turbo tax i bought & downloaded this year. It looks like I am in the correct area, "Tax Home", now what?

It's simpler than that, assuming you haven't started your 2018 return in Free Edition. First, scroll down to the bottom of the screen; if your prior years aren't there, click on "Prior Taxes" (just below "Tax Home"). Then, make sure 2017 is selected as the tax year at the top. Scroll down to the right, and look for "Download .tax file". (That's the file format used by TurboTax CD/Download.)

If you've already started your 2018 return in TurboTax Online, you may be able to download what you've done to a .tax file and continue from there in TurboTax CD/Download. However, I'm not sure what the exact instructions are.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

It's simpler than that, assuming you haven't started your 2018 return in Free Edition. First, scroll down to the bottom of the screen; if your prior years aren't there, click on "Prior Taxes" (just below "Tax Home"). Then, make sure 2017 is selected as the tax year at the top. Scroll down to the right, and look for "Download .tax file". (That's the file format used by TurboTax CD/Download.)

If you've already started your 2018 return in TurboTax Online, you may be able to download what you've done to a .tax file and continue from there in TurboTax CD/Download. However, I'm not sure what the exact instructions are.

tnthicken

Thanks!  I had actually figured that out and was working on the return and it just suddenly vanished, gone.  Now to start over, unfortunately.
JEY
Returning Member

I submitted my 2018 return. How do I get a copy

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies