Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I am trying to file my taxes and it asks for a code. When I check my email it is there but it keeps saying it is wrong. Can you text it to me

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
VinaykumarS
Intuit Alumni

I am trying to file my taxes and it asks for a code. When I check my email it is there but it keeps saying it is wrong. Can you text it to me

Please review the following information, and be sure to Leave the window open that asks for the code. Closing the window will automatically invalidate the code.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/4576376

If after a reasonable amount of time you have not received your 6 digit verification code by email, and you have checked your spam folder, please see the additional options below to receive your code. 

1. To get your verification code sent as a text, you have to select that option in your account settings. You will need to gain access to the account and then:
    1.) Click My Account
    2.) Account Settings
    3.) Under the Security tab, select Two Step Verification and enter your mobile information and password. 
    To get access to make your changes, you can have the code sent to your email address or select the Confirm your account in another way option.
  2. If by email and text does not work then please select "I forgot my password" and then select "I don't know my username." The system will then ask for your name, address and SSN, and it will attempt to verify your identity by asking questions from your credit report that only you are likely to know.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies