sebreedlove

I am trying to file. It's wanting me to put in info about next years W4. Do I have to do this?

ChelseaS

No, you are not required to fill out a W-4 through TurboTax. You can skip this section. If you are being asked about 2017 estimated taxes you may want to complete this section. TurboTax will determine if you should be paying estimated taxes based on your answers.

However this is not required to file your return. You can delete these forms by going to My Account > Tools > Delete a form. Scroll down to Estimated Taxes and Form W-4 Worksheet and click Delete.

For additional information please see the following TurboTax FAQ. https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3301872

ChelseaS