Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I am trying to e-file my return and Turbotax keeps prompting me to fix a minor issue with payor information on my 1099-DIV worksheet but doesn't allow me to edit.

Specifically it is prompting me to change the payor information to a zipcode within my state. However, the payor is an out of state institution. This was a form field auto-filled by Turbotax and it does not allow me to edit or correct the necessary information. Has anyone run into this? How did you correct it so you could e-file?
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
JamesG1
Expert Alumni

I am trying to e-file my return and Turbotax keeps prompting me to fix a minor issue with payor information on my 1099-DIV worksheet but doesn't allow me to edit.

In TurboTax Online, review IRS form 1099-DIV information from an out-of-state provider by following these steps:

• Down the left side of the screen, click on Federal.
  • Down the left side of the screen, click on Wages & Income.
  • Scroll down to Investments and Savings.  Click Show more to the right.
  • Click Start / Revisit to the right of Dividends on 1099-DIV.
  • At the screen Your investments and savings, Click on the dividend information.

If you are unable to find a way to correct the entry, you may want to delete the transaction and re-enter by hand.

Delete the entry by clicking the delete trashcan next to the Edit button.  Re-enter by selecting Add investments.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies