Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

abroo811

I am receiving this message, Oops-an issue occurred. Please check back shortly. What could this mean?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

31 Replies

I am receiving this message, Oops-an issue occurred. Please check back shortly. What could this mean?

It probably means everyone is trying to submit a tax return now.

Sometimes clearing your cookies or doing an update can help with error messages.  First, save your return and close your return and follow the steps below to see what you need to do depending on the version of TurboTax you are using:

• If using TurboTax Online: Clear your cache and cookies. See this FAQ, for your particular browser.
    • You can also try using a different browser
  • If using TurboTax Desktop: Please see this FAQ.
    • Make sure you have ran all the updates

22 seconds ago

Doesn’t help.  It’s stuck on “oops an issue occurred.  Please check back shortly.” And pending.  Have no idea if this is going to go through in time,  pending is one thing, but the error message with it is another.  It’s happening to many of us out here.  And can’t access file an extension, and no USPS is open.  This really sucks.

shyguy93

It's been 2 hours for you and still return hasn't been accepted? I'm cutting this close 😕 

I'm also stuck on this error screen and tried calling turbotax, but the queue is 1 hour +

I feel your pain.  I have no idea if this is going to go thru.  The “Ooops-an issue occurred” message is not a normal “pending” issue.  Is it pending or is there an error?  Ughhh

Been going at this for an hour now…still no luck. Can’t clear cache because I’m using the app….not really sure what to do now. 

• IMG_4243.png

I finally got an email.  Does this mean it’s ok?  Who knows?  

Even with the email, the refreshed TurboTax still has the Ooops message.  Not a warm fuzzy.

Fingers crossed I get that email before midnight. 

Just got the email, but I’m seeing the same problem in the app still. Guess I’ll wait for the knock on the door by a few men in black. 

refresh

ReFrEsH

REFRESH

refresh refresh refresh

Arrrrghhhh

🤞

I still don’t know if the email means it’s ok given the persistent “ooops-issue” message, but it’s certainly better than nothing

Same.

🥷🥷🥷

indeed

HEY AVIE!  The OOPS message just went away on my screen!!!  And instead of showing zeros it has the amount I owed.  Now it’s normal pending!!!!  I think we’re gonna be ok!

Was just about to say the same!!! Congrats to you my friend! Glad we made it thru together! 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies