Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

ssr534

I am getting an error in turbo tax asking me to correct a 0 entry from my 1095-a form. but it is correct, how to i override this error in turbotax?

i have 2 1095-a forms, due to a move and switch in healthcare plans, so each set of forms have 0 in about half of each of the forms
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
DawnC
Expert Alumni

I am getting an error in turbo tax asking me to correct a 0 entry from my 1095-a form. but it is correct, how to i override this error in turbotax?

Leave the fields with zeros in them blank.   If you have premiums paid for any month, use the healthcarePTCtool to get the amounts for Column B.    Look at Part III, column B of your 1095-A, titled “Monthly second-lowest cost silver plan (SLCSP) premium.” It should show figures for each month any household member had the Marketplace plan.

The SLCSP premium is incorrect if:

• Part III, Column B has a “0” or is blank for any month someone in your household had the Marketplace plan
  • You had changes in your household that you didn’t tell the Marketplace about — like having a baby, moving, getting married or divorced, or losing a dependent

If either applies to you, use the tax tool to get the premium for your second-lowest cost Silver plan.

If you did not have coverage for that month, leave the field blank.   Otherwise, use the tool to find the correct about that belongs in Column B.  

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies