Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

matto1

I am filing for my dependent 21-year old dependent who isa on my HSA health plan TurboTax is insisting on requesting 1095-A recipient. There is no 1095-A. What do I do?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
LindaS5247
Expert Alumni

I am filing for my dependent 21-year old dependent who isa on my HSA health plan TurboTax is insisting on requesting 1095-A recipient. There is no 1095-A. What do I do?

You should get your 1095-A by mid-February, but only if you purchased health insurance in 2023 through Healthcare.gov or your state's Health Insurance Marketplace.

If you do not have health insurance through healthcare.gov or your state's marketplace, you can type 1095-a in the Search box, then click the link that says "Jump to 1095-a." That should take you back to the screen that asks whether you received a 1095-A, and you can answer No.

TurboTax may think someone had Marketplace insurance. You can review the questions pertaining to coverage by returning to the Health Insurance section and follow these instructions, if you did not have Marketplace or a 1095-A.  

Turbo Tax will walk you through the questions for health insurance.

• Click on the Federal Taxes tab and select Health Insurance
  • When asked if you had health insurance in 2023, select either all year or you will pick who and what months, and Continue.
  • When asked about being enrolled in any of these less common plans in 2023, select No, if you were covered through your work or state coverage that generates a 1095 B or C.  The 1095-B and the 1095-C do not need to be entered into your return.  They are for informational purposes.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies