turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

wags1988

I am entering this years w2. But I never sent in last years w2. When I go to submit them it’s adding both w2’s together making it seem as if I made 2 years of income in 1 year. How do I fix

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
CapB

I am entering this years w2. But I never sent in last years w2. When I go to submit them it’s adding both w2’s together making it seem as if I made 2 years of income in 1 year. How do I fix

You only include current year income in the current year tax return. Remove your prior year forms from TurboTax Online. You can go here to file your prior year return. 

To purchase and download TurboTax to file up to 3 past years' of taxes click here

TurboTax for prior year preparation will download to your computer and function the same as purchasing a Windows or Mac Desktop CD.  TurboTax for prior years' is not available Online.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3288508

View solution in original post

1 Reply
CapB

You only include current year income in the current year tax return. Remove your prior year forms from TurboTax Online. You can go here to file your prior year return. 

To purchase and download TurboTax to file up to 3 past years' of taxes click here

TurboTax for prior year preparation will download to your computer and function the same as purchasing a Windows or Mac Desktop CD.  TurboTax for prior years' is not available Online.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3288508

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies