tekamay1

I am due a refund this year but I want to apply that amount to the federal taxes I needed to pay for last year. How do I do that?

AnthonyC

It appears that you are saying that you have a balance due with the IRS from last year.  If so, the IRS will automatically apply any refund you are owed this year and "offset" it with the amount that you still owe.  If the refund amount is greater than the amount that you owe, then they will send you the remainder.  You do not need to do anything with this years return to make that happen besides filing your return.  

AnthonyC