turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

joe940

Tax Year Prior to 2020: I am completing the section for Maryland Deductions, however there is no section for Energy Storage Income Tax Credit or EV Tax Credit. Are these still in progress?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

8 Replies
VictorW9
Expert Alumni

Tax Year Prior to 2020: I am completing the section for Maryland Deductions, however there is no section for Energy Storage Income Tax Credit or EV Tax Credit. Are these still in progress?

Yes the Maryland Energy Storage Income Tax Credit Program still exist for 2019.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I have the same question. I want to know how to add this to my taxes to file for the benefit. I don't see anything to click on or any options to add the MD Energy Storage Income Tax Credit. Question is how do you add it to taxes?

BillM223
Expert Alumni

The Maryland Energy Storage Income Tax Credit must be reported on form 500CR.

Unfortunately, TurboTax does not support this form, which is for Business Tax Credits.

Note that this credit is available only by application to the state, because the amount of credits available from the state was quite limited. As of January 21, 2020, there was no credit left in any case.

Please see the Maryland state website on this.

Not sure if it will work but I mailed it in to see if MD accepts it or tells me what to do. I am not a tax pro or not a CPA:
I printed my Form 502 after paying on TurboTax. I mailed in with the completed 500CR, 500CRW and MEA Tax Credit Certificate from State of MD. Once I printed the Form 502 I modified line 43 sentence by writing in the information about the MD Energy Storage Income Tax Credit. Part R line 1 and Part AAA Line 18 of Form 500CR/500CRW. On line 43 I wrote in $5000 (for the Tax Credit), Line 44 I added $5000 to the amount listed after printing on TurboTax, and also added $5000 to line 46 and 48 for the total.

Not sure if it will work but I mailed it in to see if MD accepts it or tells me what to do. I am not a tax pro or not a CPA.

Not sure if it will work but I mailed it in to see if MD accepts it or tells me what to do. I am not a tax pro or not a CPA:
I printed my Form 502 after paying on TurboTax. I mailed in with the completed 500CR, 500CRW and MEA Tax Credit Certificate from State of MD. Once I printed the Form 502 I modified line 43 sentence by writing in the information about the MD Energy Storage Income Tax Credit. Part R line 1 and Part AAA Line 18 of Form 500CR/500CRW. On line 43 I wrote in $5000 (for the Tax Credit), Line 44 I added $5000 to the amount listed after printing on TurboTax, and also added $5000 to line 46 and 48 for the total.

Again Not sure if it will work but I mailed it in to see if MD accepts it or tells me what to do. I am not a tax pro or not a CPA.

But I will let you know what happens. 

Just to update you all. It did work for me. 

Update: What I tried above worked. 

DawnC
Expert Alumni

Some credits are entered on the federal return and TurboTax transfers them over  to the state return and other credits are entered directly on the state return.  It sounds like you have resolved your issue, but if you are still having issues, feel free to respond here.  😉 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies