Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I am being forced to file my taxes by mail, but I am unable to print and file by mail because I already paid with my credit card. How do I change my payment type?

I answered a question about health insurance wrong and said we have a 1095-a instead of a 1095-c and I can't seem to go back and delete it or change it. Turbotax says I have to enter something or I can't e-file. I already paid for my taxes due with my credit card prior to learning that i can't e-file without fixing that error and I can't find where I can change my payment type since there is already a receipt number for my payment.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
LindaS5247
Expert Alumni

I am being forced to file my taxes by mail, but I am unable to print and file by mail because I already paid with my credit card. How do I change my payment type?

You can try to get back to that section of your return if you have not transmitted your return yet.

Try typing "1095-a" into the search box at the top right hand of your screen.  Then select "jump to form 1095-a".

It would look like this:

To change your paymernt method if you did not already file your return:

1. Open your return.
  2. Click File in the upper right corner and proceed to the "Just one more step screen".
  3. On this screen, click the first Revisit link 
  4. Click View Payment Options on the next screen, and then select method on the screen after that.
  5. Complete payment by entering information.
  6. Continue to the Just one more step screen to make sure the method has changed.

Please feel free to come back to TurboTax Community with additional information or questions or click here for help in contacting Turbo Tax Support. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies