Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I am an UBER EAT driver (part time, I have W 2 job as full time)

how do I fill my taxes, uber dont issue 1099k and 1099 misc only issue 1099NEC. and they provide the tax summary as follows. it looks like 1099k will be the driving income (pretty much the gross income?) and the 1099 nec will be incentive like  referral. so no need to input anything for 1099misc?  

https://turbotax.intuit.com/tax-tips/self-employment-taxes/tax-tips-for-uber-drivers-understanding-y...

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/uber-or-lyft/help/what-do-i-need-from-uber-to-file-my-taxes/00/271...UBER.PNG

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies

In order to enter your income from Uber, you do not need to fill out all 3 payment options. What you enter depends on the tax form you received. Under "wages and income", then "self employment", you will type in the type of self employment you had. Then you will see an option for "rideshare driving." Press that and the screen will ask a series of questions related to your rideshare job. After that, you will get to the screen that asks "what type of income" did you receive. If you received a 1099NEC, then click that. Your form should match what is on the screen. From there you would copy it like it is on the tax form you have.

However, if they only sent you a form stating mileage, Uber fees and total income received, you can just click the "other self employment income" box which includes cash, 1099k, etc. Type in checks and write in the total income there.  After you have done that, they will ask a couple more questions, before asking about your expenses related to Uber. There you will be able to enter the mileage and Uber fees as the deduction. 

Here is a link with some helpful information for Uber Drivers.

Tax Tips for Uber Drivers

but i only deliver foods, do i still pick rideshare?

i only received the 1099NEC from uber but i think i still need to fill for the other options, the 1099nec they provide only have the incentive income, not the whole thing. i think i need to use the tax summary to fill for other income from uber

AmyC
Expert Alumni

Yes, the NEC plus your other income .Please see Filing Taxes for On-Demand Food Delivery Drivers - TurboTax. You will claim all gross income and then take off deductions.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies