Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

KatelynT

I am an IHSS live in provider. My income is not taxable. How do I report my income to receive the earned income credit and still be able to e file without a W2?

I filled out form SOC 2298 certifying that I am a live in provider. IHSS explained to me that once that form was processed they stopped counting my income toward the amount shown on my W2 due to this income not being taxable. My W2 only shows the amount I made previous to the form SODCD 2298 being processed. I would like to report the full amount I made for the entire year to qualify for a higher earned income credit amount. I understand I can file a supplemental W2 4852, but this disables my ability to e file. Is there a way to report the remainder of my income not listed on my W2 and still be able to e file?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
Cynthiad66
Expert Alumni

I am an IHSS live in provider. My income is not taxable. How do I report my income to receive the earned income credit and still be able to e file without a W2?

Yes, for open tax years, you may choose to include all, but not part, of these payments in earned income for determining the EIC or the ACTC. For more information about EIC and the ACTC, please visit this IRS website. Providers are encouraged to consult with a tax advisor or contact the IRS directly with questions.

Here is how to add those payments to the return:

If you choose to report your payments to receive a credit: Click Edit/Add next to Job (W-2) and then click on Add a W-2. Enter the information as reported on your W-2. Enter the amount you received for IHSS Payments in Box 1 (even if this amount is not reported in box 1 of your W-2.)

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies