Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

dlm999
Returning Member

I am an executor. in filing form 1310, turbotax indicates that if i select part 1, box b, can't be efiled. IRS instructions show otherwise?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies

I am an executor. in filing form 1310, turbotax indicates that if i select part 1, box b, can't be efiled. IRS instructions show otherwise?

You cannot attach the court certificate in the program so you have to print and mail the return.

dlm999
Returning Member

i already provided the court certificate, so that isn't being provided here.

I believe the program still "thinks" it needs to be attached. 

If the programs indicates it can't be e-filed, then you have to print and mail.

sam296

If Part I-B is checked, then the program would likely force one down the 'paper' path and e-file would not be an option.

However, in those cases where there is NOT a court appointed personal representative (e.g., Part I-C checked and Part II-1 is YES and Part II-2a&b are NO), then TT will allow e-filing.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies