Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I am about to file my Turbotax file and got to last screen but it never ask me for direct deposit info

I need to pay for Federal and California but I am getting refund for Colorado. When I preview tax form the banking section is empty. How do i add my direct deposit or banking info to turbotax? I went thru all the screen prompts but it never ask me for bank info 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
MonikaK1
Expert Alumni

I am about to file my Turbotax file and got to last screen but it never ask me for direct deposit info

Users have reported similar issues before when having to pay additional tax for the Federal return but having a refund on the State return. Some states also have different instructions than others. Review the screens in the File section to be sure you have a refund for Colorado and that the choice isn't displayed.

If you are using a Desktop version of TurboTax, here is a workaround:

• Leave Easy Step temporarily. Click on View / Forms
• Scroll down until you see <State> and the second form should be Info Worksheet, Click it once and the form will open to your right.
• Scroll down to PART VII, click the Yes to elect DirDep of state refund, then enter the Institution, Check/Sav, Routing Number, and Accounting number.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Thanks I tried this but box is blue when I try to add it, it doesn't let me add it in. Does that mean the state tax refund will need to be mailed to me? I don't mind. But just wondering

MonikaK1
Expert Alumni

Yes, unless a direct deposit option comes up in one of the final screens in the File section of the state return.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies