jeanettetigert

How/where do I enter the amount I paid last year when I filed my state return as a deduction for this year?

AnnetteB

To go to the section of the tax return to enter your state balance due, use these steps:

• On the top row of the TurboTax online screen, click on Search (or for CD/downloaded TurboTax locate the search box in the upper right corner)
  • This opens a box where you can type in “state balance due paid” (be sure to enter exactly as shown here) and click the magnifying glass (or for CD/downloaded TurboTax, click Find)
  • The search results will give you an option to “Jump to state balance due paid
  • Click on the blue “Jump to state balance due paid” link
  • Scroll to the bottom of the screen until you see Other Income Taxes Paid in 2017
  • Click Start or Update beside Balance due on your 2016 state taxes paid in 2017

AnnetteB