Solved: How to tell which one out of the 3 children were claimed so I can delete that child without having to delete one at a time and refileing multiple times?

jenworkman4

How to tell which one out of the 3 children were claimed so I can delete that child without having to delete one at a time and refileing multiple times?

Have 3 children R0000-507-01 means child listed as the first second or third on my return? How to know which child has been claimed and which I can claim without having to delete one at a time and refileing multiple times?

CarolynB

HI. The last two numbers of the error code you received coincide with the child whose social security number has already been uses. In your case, the -01 represents the first dependent listed on your return.

CarolynB

jenworkman4

I thought that too so I deleted the first one and thought to resubmit and then decided it won't look good by keep filing and deleting kids. So I put the 1st one back on but went on as the 3rd child and submitted it cuz didn't look to see if ss# was wrong before deleting then rejected again with the exact same code. So the code should have changed but didnt. Thats why im so confused. Already refilled twice and didnt want to start deleting kids and refileing after already doing it twice. Any other option it could be.