Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

jmartine2

How to set up a payment plan

I already set it up but I need to change my initial payment to lower amount
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
TomK
Expert Alumni

You can amend an existing payment agreement online if you still meet the conditions for an online agreement.

You can apply for, or raise or lower the monthly payment. Go to the IRS Online Payment Agreement page.
Note the information you will need available when you make (or amend) your application.

The IRS also explains when and how to use their Online Payment Agreement in this 9 minute video.

Do not file Form 9465 if you are currently making payments on an installment agreement or can pay your balance in full within 120 days. You can call the IRS with installment payment questions at 1-800-829-1040.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
TomK
Expert Alumni

You can amend an existing payment agreement online if you still meet the conditions for an online agreement.

You can apply for, or raise or lower the monthly payment. Go to the IRS Online Payment Agreement page.
Note the information you will need available when you make (or amend) your application.

The IRS also explains when and how to use their Online Payment Agreement in this 9 minute video.

Do not file Form 9465 if you are currently making payments on an installment agreement or can pay your balance in full within 120 days. You can call the IRS with installment payment questions at 1-800-829-1040.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies