Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

How to report bug? I have more than one 1099-INT from my bank, but TurboTax only downloads one and not both.How can I get it to download multiple 1099-Ints from one bank?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies
MarilynG1
Expert Alumni

How to report bug? I have more than one 1099-INT from my bank, but TurboTax only downloads one and not both.How can I get it to download multiple 1099-Ints from one bank?

Yes, if you have multiple accounts under the same names, importing again may replace the first import.  Importing multiple accounts from the same financial institution can be tricky; it works for some, but not for others. 

It's best to make one entry yourself, combining the total interest paid.

Here's more discussion on Multiple Interest Accounts. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Yes, I know to enter the second one one myself.  My question was, how do I report this bug to TurboTax so they can fix it before next year??

Also, your answer said "importing again may replace the first import", but that is not what happened.  I tried it 3 or 4 times.  Each time, it imported the same 1099-INT it imported the first time, and never imported the second 1099-INT from the same bank.  This error subjects your customers to audits, fines, and jail time.  I want to report it to TurboTax so they can fix it before next year.  How do I do that?  Thanks.

mjchopra

I have had the same issue with TurboTax and this is a bug which could have serious implications on the customers for tax fraud. TurboTax needs to fix this issue and compensate the customers who have faced this issue.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies