Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Diana35

How to File C-Corp Tax Extension for Federal and State Taxes in TurboTax Desktop App

How do you file an extension for federal and state in the TurboTax Desktop App for a C Corp? Upon opening the app, I selected "File an Extension" on the welcome page, then proceeded to import last year's tax return in the "File an Extension section"...but then TurboTax is asking me to fill in a bunch of information like I'm full on doing my taxes with no end in sight...how do I skip to the "button" to file the extension for both federal and state? Please help!

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
PatriciaV
Expert Alumni

How to File C-Corp Tax Extension for Federal and State Taxes in TurboTax Desktop App

Because a request for an extension of time to file a business return can often report tax due, TurboTax asks for information about your business. The process is easier if you have already started a business return for the current year. Otherwise, you must enter the information needed to complete the extension form. 

Your other option is to enter the basic info and switch to Forms when you reach the Business Info screen.

1. Click the Forms icon in the TurboTax header.
  2. Click on Open Form at the top of the left column and type in "7004."
    Click on "Form 7004" and Open Form at the bottom.
  3. This opens the form in the large window.
  4. Enter your company information in the areas highlighted in yellow.
  5. Answer the questions in Part II.
  6. When you enter your state abbreviation at the bottom, TurboTax will fill in the address where you can send this form.
**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies