Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

How to enter Schedule K-3 Line 24 & 54 information

In the Step-by-Step questionnaire it asks "On your Schedule K-3, go to Part II, Section 1, Line 24 to fill out the information below". It then asks for "Foreign Gross Income - Gross income sourced at the partner level (Column F)".

My Line 24 has a total amount , an amount for the US and and amount for CA

Should I enter the total amount or just the amount representing the foreign country (CA)?

The next step asks for information from Line 54 regarding deductions. But this time it doesn't ask for "Foreign" deductions. It just says "Deductions allocated at individual level - Other (Column F...)".  Am I supposed to separate out the foreign components or just put the total amount.

This is a bit confusing. Thanks for any help...

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies
PatriciaV
Expert Alumni

For the first question about Foreign Gross Income, enter the amount on Line 24 Column F. There should be only one number for Line 24 under Column F. But if you have more than one type of income (extra lines A, B, C under the line number), you will need to create a separate Schedule K-1 in TurboTax for each type to report these amounts.

For the Deductions - Other, enter the total amount on Line 54 Column F, after deducting any amounts from lines 39, 40, 41, 42 and 43. You will need to do the math and enter the result (one number).

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Thank you for your response. Just to clarify, the step-by-step instructions say you would need an additional K-1 form if you have more than one type of Foreign Source income; i.e. column (b) Foreign branch income and (c) Passive income. But I'm asking about the number in column (f) Sourced by partner. Row 24, Column F has a sub-row for Total gross income, another sub-row "A US" and another sub-row "B CA". So its listing the Sourced by partner gross income for each country (the US and CA) under the total. Do I need a separate K-1 for each country as well as a separate K-1 for each type of Foreign Source income?

Thanks

rowala

I have exactly the same question,and the response really did not address it.

On my K-3 I ONLY have a top line and a line A for "US" so yeah, I too am really confused as to what to report for "Foreign Gross Income" into Turbotax. The Actual K-3, Part II, Section 1, line 24 is labeled as "Total gross income" NOT "Foreign Gross Income" so what is actually supposed to go into Turbotax if there is NO "foreign" income, but there IS domestic income?

DaveF1006
Expert Alumni

No. you do not need to report a Schedule k-3 if there is no foreign income to report.

@ghbarratt 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies