Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

How so I DO MY 2017 TAX RETURN? -I have paid for an upgrade but still can't find where/how to do it. what am I supposed to do????

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

How so I DO MY 2017 TAX RETURN? -I have paid for an upgrade but still can't find where/how to do it. what am I supposed to do????

An upgrade pays for a copy of a 2017 tax return that you already did using the Free verison of TT.  Are you saying you now need to prepare a 2017 tax return from scratch?

As SweetieJean asked, please clarify if you are needing to begin a 2017 return, finish one that you started online last year but didn't file, or if you are wanting a copy of an already-filed 2017 return from last year.

If you need to prepare one, a 2017 return cannot be prepared in Online TurboTax, which is only for 2018.   You have to use 2017 desktop software to prepare a 2017 return.  You can buy 2017 software as a download at this page:

https://turbotax.intuit.com/personal-taxes/past-years-products/

Why did you upgrade a 2018 return?    Did you already start a 2017 return online last year, and was access to the data file locked, and were you now trying to get access to the 2017 tax data file to finish it?  

Did you pay for 2018 online Premier?  That is what is displayed under your question above.   If so, that is a much higher edition than the PLUS (19.99) normally required to unlock a 2017 return.   Have you already filed a 2018 return?

We can tell you what to do, or how to phone TurboTax Support, once your situation becomes clear.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies