Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

How my CT refund was reduced by $149 while TurboTax charged me already when Federal transfered my money to your bank. This change came in from you guys or CT?

Read me one more time please
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

How my CT refund was reduced by $149 while TurboTax charged me already when Federal transfered my money to your bank. This change came in from you guys or CT?

Did you request to have your fees taken from your refund? If so, the IRS sent your deposit to the third-party bank that handles the fees and send the remainder to you. You need to talk to Santa Barbara tax products group about your refund if so.

@richardmaketa wrote:  How my CT refund was reduced by $149 while TurboTax charged me already when Federal transfered my money to your bank. This change came in from you guys or CT?

Any TurboTax fees come out of a Federal refund--not a state refund--and you said above that they did take the product fees out of your Federal refund.   First, look on your actual CT state return to see exactly what state refund amount is shown, and verify that it differs from what you received from CT.   If CT reduced your state refund for some reason, CT will also likely send you a letter in 3 weeks or so about why they reduced it.  For faster info you would need to talk to the CT Department of Revenue to inquire as to why they did so.  See the FAQ below, which has a link for your state DOR.  

FAQ: How do I contact my state department of revenue?

https://ttlc.intuit.com/turbotax-support/en-us/help-article/state-taxes/contact-state-department-rev...

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies