magpie8888

How do I view details for turbo tax updates? Updates shows message with date of update and a link to update details. But the link does not take me to the details.

retiree

The Release Notes (details of what is being changed) for TTax updates is available at the following link:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/3169946-turbotax-2018-release-notes-for-windows-personal-tax-softw...

You can verify if your version of TTax is up to date at the following link:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1899272-verify-turbotax-2018-for-windows-basic-deluxe-premier-or-h...

NOTE: (Please note that the link may 'appear' to be truncated, however it will work  --if you hover your mouse over the link you will see the full link.)

retiree

chazbla

On 12/30/2019, when I opened TTAX 2018 and chose the latest updates, then clicked on the latest Release Update Details link, the response was that the support site has changed. Logging in to the new site, searching for the same problem showed the same response, support site changed with no explanation of the 2018 updates. Where do I go to get the explanation of the details?

retiree

Unfortunately, TTax has decided that they feel that there is no longer any reason? or value??? to publish the Release Notes.

LDSmith

I received a refund for the IRS error on Schedule D. When opening my 2018 Turbotax to review my return info, I received a product update notice. When I clicked into "More Details", I was taken to the Intuit TT home page (as described in this original posted question. I just purchased the 2019 TT and experienced the same issue.

Why would Intuit NOT fix this in a patch to the 2018 version and definitely needed to be fixed in the new 2019 version. This seems to be a simple URL fix that wouldn't take much time; but, customers experience so much frustration and wasted time when it is not working. Even the URL in your response doesn't work...

FYI - I am a CPA who does my own taxes so I definitely want to see what Intuit is changing in the returns and programs.

retiree

Notwithstanding your CPA credentials it is not very likely that Intuit/TTax will issue a patch for the 2018 program.  As for the details relating to 2019 patches that too is unlikely. It is more than a "... URL fix ..." since someone would have to spend a bit of time to format and post the information at the URL location.  It appears that the Intuit/TTax evil marketing gurus are running the company and providing 'details' does not seem to be on their priority list.

By the way the current 'details' at the URL IS  indeed the Intuit/TTax FIX  to the problem.

LDSmith

Actually, I believe they did provide an update to the 2018 program after I filed; but, I cannot confirm that because Intuit doesn't have a change log...

The URL "FIX" is not a fix.  It would not be difficult to have a web page that lists the changes made with each release update and then point the "Details" URL to that page.  I would think Intuit has an internal document with all of the software changes already available (otherwise, they shouldn't be a software company).

magpie8888

Here we go again.  Same issue for 2019, unless I'm clicking the wrong link.  If turbo tax is not going to provide a move details, then why is turbo tax providing a useless 'more details' link to nowhere?

RobLov

My biggest concern is that changes will be made that may affect my refund or payment amount.  No way of knowing what forms, etc. have changed.

retiree

Unfortunately TTax has dug their heels in and will not be providing this information.  Complaining (loudly) is the only thing that migh help.

RobLov

When they don't or won't correct the "small" things I wonder if they might take the accuracy of my tax return with the same attitude.  All they need to do is remove the link in the pop-up window after the updates install.  It's a matter of instilling trust in the product.