Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

kosnener2

How do I supply the MI-1310 form now that the return has been efiled and accepted?

I efiled a Michigan state return on behalf of my deceased father who is due a refund. MI-1310 instructions say "Some e-file software products may allow you to include the requested documents as attachments, when applicable." but TurboTax is not one of them. How do I correct and supply a copy of the death certificate? Do I mail the full return even though it's already been accepted, wait for Treasury to request it...something else?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
DianeW777
Expert Alumni

How do I supply the MI-1310 form now that the return has been efiled and accepted?

Yes, mail the full return marked as 'Duplicate' and place the MI-1310 form on top with your return as a copy behind it. It's not advisable to wait for Michigan Treasury to request it as it may be a very long wait.

Mail correspondence to:

Michigan Department of Treasury
Lansing, MI 48956.

You can also contact MI Department of the Treasury for questions about your refund: 517-636-4486*

*PLEASE NOTE: During high call volume periods, calls may become disconnected due to system limitations on the length of time and number of calls that can be held in queue. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience this may cause.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies