turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

How do I stop turbo tax desktop from filing an extension for AZ taxes? I do not want an extension.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
GinnyF

How do I stop turbo tax desktop from filing an extension for AZ taxes? I do not want an extension.

In the AZ interview after going through the entire interview process, you are asked if you want to file an AZ extension. This is right after the calculation of estimated tax payments section.

If you answer yes, you are taken through the extension questions. If you go through the AZ interview questions a second or third time you are asked if you want to review your automatic extension. When you say no to that second review, the extension remains part of the return.

In order to avoid this issue in the future, answer "no" the first time through the AZ interview so an extension will not be generated.

In order to fix this issue, go to the forms mode and look for the AZ extension form in the left column, AZ Form 204. click on that form. When it opens, click delete form at the bottom left of the form screen. It will be removed from your return.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
GinnyF

In the AZ interview after going through the entire interview process, you are asked if you want to file an AZ extension. This is right after the calculation of estimated tax payments section.

If you answer yes, you are taken through the extension questions. If you go through the AZ interview questions a second or third time you are asked if you want to review your automatic extension. When you say no to that second review, the extension remains part of the return.

In order to avoid this issue in the future, answer "no" the first time through the AZ interview so an extension will not be generated.

In order to fix this issue, go to the forms mode and look for the AZ extension form in the left column, AZ Form 204. click on that form. When it opens, click delete form at the bottom left of the form screen. It will be removed from your return.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies