Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

How do I proceed forward on the page titled: Let's See if You Qualify for Injured Spouse Relief

I have attempted every possible combination and the App stops me here. How do I answer this question, in order to be proceed forward for injured spouse relief on my income tax return? I reported federal tax withheld or federal estimated tax payments on the join return. Yes or No. Did you receive earned income, such as wages, salaries, or self employment on the join return? Yes or No. Did you get the earned income credit or additional child tax credit on the join return? yes or no. Did you claim a refundable tax credit, such as the refundable credit for the prior year? yes or no.
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
JohnW152
Expert Alumni

How do I proceed forward on the page titled: Let's See if You Qualify for Injured Spouse Relief

It sounds as though you may have already input some injured spouse information and are circling back, causing the issue.  If that's the case, try deleting the form from your return in TurboTax Online:

1. Open TurboTax Online
  2. Select Tax Home in the left pane
  3. On the  Hi, let's keep working on your taxes! screen, select the dropdown on the right side of any box in the middle of the screen, then select Start or Review/Edit
  4. After more topics will generate in the left pane, select the Tax Tools dropdown
  5. Select Tools
  6. In the pop-up window Tool Center, select Delete a form.
  7. Select Delete next to Form 8379 and follow the onscreen instructions.

If the above isn't your scenario, are any boxes checked on the page displayed below?

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies