Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

eilers345
Returning Member

How do I pay my household employees's FICA and other payroll charges like CA unemployment fee using turbotax?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
PhyllisG

How do I pay my household employees's FICA and other payroll charges like CA unemployment fee using turbotax?

You will need to utilize the Internal Revenue Services Electronic Federal Tax Payment System (EFTPS) to pay your payroll taxes. There is an enrollment process involved, so it may take up to 10 business days for the process to complete.  After enrolling, you can make a payment on-line or by phone.

Good answer for IRS but doesn't address state taxes for employees.  Some guidance on that would be helpful.

DavidS127
Expert Alumni

You pay your household employee's FICA and other Federal payroll taxes using Schedule H, which is supported in TurboTax.  Search for Schedule H to navigate directly to that section of TurboTax.  Click on this link for a good overview of Schedule H and household employment taxes.

TurboTax does not support the payment of the California household employee taxes.  Click on this link for the California guidance on paying household employee taxes.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies