Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

How do I install turbotax 2018 using an existing license?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies

TurboTax 2018 didn't use an activation code.   Please explain the context of your question.    It's not clear what you mean.

What do you mean by "existing license?"    Are you referring to a previously-purchased 2018 tax product?  If so, did you buy 2018 TurboTax directly from TurboTax, other retailer, etc.?

Do you have the 2018 CD or downloaded installation file?

I installed TurboTax 2018 from an installation CD purchased from a retailer. Completed forms and filed returns. Just got a notification from the IRS that I have to amend several forms and worksheets from 2018. Would like to do that, but the PC is no longer available where my TurboTax 2018 is installed. Would like to re-install using my existing license on a different PC.

@ LuigiBerner wrote:

I installed TurboTax 2018 from an installation CD purchased from a retailer. Completed forms and filed returns. Just got a notification from the IRS that I have to amend several forms and worksheets from 2018. Would like to do that, but the PC is no longer available where my TurboTax 2018 is installed. Would like to re-install using my existing license on a different PC.

To amend a 2018 return, you'll need the *.tax2018 data file, so I'll assume you have that.

You haven't said what is keeping you from installing the 2018 CD on your new computer.   The license allows you to install from the 2018 CD as many times as you need to on your own computers.  What is the roadblock? 

Or are you trying to say that you no longer have the CD?   If that's the case, phone TurboTax Support and ask for the download.

Or you can download the dedicated "amend software" for 2018 here (this is the Windows version):

https://turbotax.intuit.com/personal-taxes/cd-download/amend/ty18/

If you need to speak to TurboTax Support (such as if you want a full 2018 program download), you can use this contact form to get a phone number.
https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/contact

Hours are 5AM-9PM Pacific (8AM-12 Midnight Eastern) 7 days/week.

Thank you. You are correct that the block is that I do not have the 2018 installation CD.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies