turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

How do I go back to "Depreciation for Schedule C"? It says it should be available on Jan 31st and I can't find the area to go back to so I can finish my taxes.

I have a notice that I have Tax Forms to Revisit, Depreciation for Schedule C and says it should be available on 1/31/2018, we are past that date.  However, I can't seem to find the area that I need to go to complete this.  How do I find this Depreciation for Schedule C?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
AnthonyJ

How do I go back to "Depreciation for Schedule C"? It says it should be available on Jan 31st and I can't find the area to go back to so I can finish my taxes.

Form 4562 is still not available at the moment but should be soon.  For TurboTax Desktop users, please keep updating your software regularly to ensure you have the most up-to-date form availability.

Please follow the steps below to assist you in entering your Schedule C Depreciation.  Please ensure your software version is up-to-date.

1. Open your return
  2. Switch your return to Forms View
  3. Enter 4562 and select which Schedule (A, C, E, etc...) you would like to link your Depreciation to and follow the onscreen instructions
  4. This should open your Form 4562 for direct entry

You can also use the following steps if needed.

1. Open your return
  2. In the Search bar enter "Schedule C"
  3. Click on "Jump to Schedule C"
  4. Click on "Edit" next to the business you are wishing to enter Assets/Depreciation
  5. Continue through the screens until you reach the "Business Expenses" screen
  6. Click Start or Update next to "Assets and depreciation"
  7. On the following screen, you will see "Do you want to go directly to your asset summary?", select either "Yes, I want to go to my asset summary" or "No, I want to review my answers to the annual elections questions."
  8. After making your selection, continue through the onscreen instructions.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
AnthonyJ

Form 4562 is still not available at the moment but should be soon.  For TurboTax Desktop users, please keep updating your software regularly to ensure you have the most up-to-date form availability.

Please follow the steps below to assist you in entering your Schedule C Depreciation.  Please ensure your software version is up-to-date.

1. Open your return
  2. Switch your return to Forms View
  3. Enter 4562 and select which Schedule (A, C, E, etc...) you would like to link your Depreciation to and follow the onscreen instructions
  4. This should open your Form 4562 for direct entry

You can also use the following steps if needed.

1. Open your return
  2. In the Search bar enter "Schedule C"
  3. Click on "Jump to Schedule C"
  4. Click on "Edit" next to the business you are wishing to enter Assets/Depreciation
  5. Continue through the screens until you reach the "Business Expenses" screen
  6. Click Start or Update next to "Assets and depreciation"
  7. On the following screen, you will see "Do you want to go directly to your asset summary?", select either "Yes, I want to go to my asset summary" or "No, I want to review my answers to the annual elections questions."
  8. After making your selection, continue through the onscreen instructions.

This is still a problem on the online version and hasn't been fixed!!! When will this get fixed????
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies