Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

jatkinsa

How do I get turbo tax 2016 to look for my 2015 files that are on a thumb drive that I have connected to my new laptop?

I did not have my thumb drive connected when I first launched turbo tax. Now I can't get it to look for the last years return data.
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
ShawnaD

How do I get turbo tax 2016 to look for my 2015 files that are on a thumb drive that I have connected to my new laptop?

Open TurboTax, and also make sure the Thumb Drive is inserted into the laptop. 

In TurboTax, navigate through the program as if you are going to start a new return. At the "Let's Find and Transfer Last Year's Tax Return Screen", look for the "Browse" button and select.

You can then search for the thumb drive using the pop-up box that appears. A list of the files and hard drives on your computer should display on the left side of the box. Select the thumb drive from the list, then select the 2015 .tax file and select "Open". 

The information should then pull into your 2016 TurboTax software and you can begin your return.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
ShawnaD

Open TurboTax, and also make sure the Thumb Drive is inserted into the laptop. 

In TurboTax, navigate through the program as if you are going to start a new return. At the "Let's Find and Transfer Last Year's Tax Return Screen", look for the "Browse" button and select.

You can then search for the thumb drive using the pop-up box that appears. A list of the files and hard drives on your computer should display on the left side of the box. Select the thumb drive from the list, then select the 2015 .tax file and select "Open". 

The information should then pull into your 2016 TurboTax software and you can begin your return.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies