Sign Up

Why sign in to the Community?

  • Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New Member

How do i get my W2's if I lost mine?

1 Reply
New Member

How do i get my W2's if I lost mine?

Hello  shannonsimm81!

I do apologize, unfortunately TurboTax does not have a copy of the W-2 or Form 1099.  It would have W-2 and Form 1099 worksheets that included the tax data from the forms that were entered.  The worksheets would be included in the PDF of the tax return if you downloaded the PDF to include All forms and worksheets in the tax year the return was completed.  

Copies of a Form 1099 would have to obtained from the issuer of the form.

If you cannot obtain the W-2 from your employer, then for a fee of $37 you can get a complete copy of a W-2 from the Social Security Administration -

You can get a free Wage and Income transcript from the IRS by completing a Form 4506-T -

See this IRS website for transcripts -

For a fee of $50 you can get a complete federal tax return to include copies of W-2's from the IRS by completing Form 4506 -

See this IRS Tax Topic -

This information should best assist you! To summarize, you would have to choose from these options if you are unable to request a copy from your employer. Best regards and thank you again for using TurboTax!

Dynamic AdsDynamic Ads
Privacy Settings