Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

gunnoeb63

How do I get a tax break from my fiance child.they both lived with me all year,with no help from the dad.after I filled everything out everything it's not giving me break

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

How do I get a tax break from my fiance child.they both lived with me all year,with no help from the dad.after I filled everything out everything it's not giving me break

For the 2018 return ... the new rules means the best you can get is up to a $500 per person NON refundable credit off your federal taxes if you claim them as an other dependent.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Carl
Level 15

You don't get any breaks for the child or fiancé, because neither are blood related to you.
gunnoeb63

Dang that's sux,,even though I supported them all year... all about the blood!! Lol ok thanks a lot !!

For the 2018 return ... the new rules means the best you can get is up to a $500 per person NON refundable credit off your federal taxes if you claim them as an other dependent.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies