Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

How do I fix a problem with Form 1116 worksheet importing wrong information into Form 1116?

Form 1116 Part II Foreign Taxes Paid or Accrued requires that the dates these taxes were paid be listed for each country. On the 1116 Worksheet I filled in December 31 for A, B and C. But on Form 1116. I would assume that the worksheet information should transfer to forms 1116 and to 1116 AMT.  Yet on forms 1116 and 1116 AMT the correct date (December 31, 2023)  was given for B and yet C were filled in with "1099 taxes." I cannot imagine from where this error could have originated other than from the worksheet connected with this form! In cannot have come from Step-by-step because the interview does not ask for this information. 

A TT representative had me go through the step-by-step entirely. The second representative said that the error was caused by this advice. Both deny that there could be a technical error with TT and insist that I use their paid program. 

After wasting hours, should I give up and file my taxes anyway? 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
SusanY1
Expert Alumni

How do I fix a problem with Form 1116 worksheet importing wrong information into Form 1116?

For foreign taxes reported to you on a 1099 such as foreign taxes on dividends, the IRS instructs to enter "1099 taxes" in Part II, Column 1 of the Form.  

When the tax information comes from these entry areas, TurboTax automatically fills in this notation per the Form 1116 instructions for you.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies