jbmj

How do I file my daughter's 1099-Int in TT? She is 18 and a college student with no other income. 1099-Int Box 1 is $11.22. My wife and I file a joint return.

All of our 1099-Int's are from USAA. I was able to  import all others except hers and when I tried to manually import into TT, it only allows inputs for me, my wife or both of us. Does my daughter need to report this and,  if so, is it a separate return.  She has no other income except the 1099.

RBBrittain

If that 1099-INT is her only income, it should NOT be filed at all as she is below her filing threshold as a dependent. Interest is one of the few kinds of children's income that *may* be reported on a parent's return, but I suspect you're being blocked because she's over 14 (and even if she was under 14 it's not advisable as she made too little to be subject to "kiddie tax" rates).

RBBrittain