Solved: How do I file for some who died in2017

How do I file for some who died in2017

Mother died 12/19/2017 how do I complete filing

How do I file for some who died in2017

First, I would like to express my condolences on the passing of your mother.

Yes, you can prepare and file a tax return on behalf of your Mother for Tax Year 2017. First you have to create a separate TurboTax online account for your mother's tax return. This will ensure that no confusion exists in the system. 

When entering the My Info (for your mother) the last item is "I'm preparing this return for ______ who is deceased". After specifying that you are filing on behalf of your mother it will request the Date of Passing. This is the only step you must take to prepare the return on her behalf. (please see the attached screenshot)

Below is a TurboTax FAQ with a few additional steps that must be taken upon the death of a family member.

How do I file for some who died in2017

Her 2017 personal tax return? An estate tax return?

How do I file for some who died in2017

She had income refund/wages in 2018. Passed in 2017

How do I file for some who died in2017

Thank you for your thoughts. I tried entering the date and Turbo keeps telling me the date cannot be before 01012018. How do I get it accepted?

How do I file for some who died in2017