Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

How do I enter points if I have 2 lenders?

1. In 2018, I paid points and entered the amount paid into my 2022 tax returns. This year, when transferring my 2022 returns to my 2023 returns, the software transferred my home office, but when I checked, I saw that the lender section showed the point paid as $0. So, I entered it again into my 2023 returns. Is that correct?

2. The second is that in 2023, I received two 1098 forms, likely because of a loan transfer between two lenders. I had to add another lender, and during the process of adding this second lender, the software asked me once again about how much I paid in points in 2018. I entered the amount of points paid in 2018 again for the second lender. Is that correct?

I hope the experts understand what I am describing. If there are any questions about my queries, please feel free to ask for clarification.
I'm using Home & Biz Windows.

2 lenders.pngPoind enter.png
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

3. How do the green, blue, and black colored numbers differ in meaning in TurboTax Home & Business Windows software?

How do the green, blue, and black colored numbers differ in meaning in TurboTax Home & Business Windows software.png

RobertB4444
Expert Alumni

1. Yes, if they didn't carry forward entering them here is what you should do - unless all of the points were taken in a prior year.

2. No, if you already entered the points on the other 1098 you should not enter them a second time.

3.  Blue and green indicate numbers that you have entered.  Black indicated numbers that have been calculated in the system using numbers that you have entered.

@TheWisdom 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I have a question in another post, which seems to have gone unanswered.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/taxes/discussion/re-cannot-enter-land-value-on-line-38-of-form-882...

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies