Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

taylor56

How do I delete Form 4797? It seems to be "sticky" -- and I suspect that this is by design, since its presence requires you to upgrade to a more expensive product.

If I navigate to "Delete a Form" in  Tax Tools --> Tools, the system will allow me to click the button to delete this form, but if I go back to the list of my forms, it's still there. And it still shows up in the final review phase, at which point TurboTax tells me I have to upgrade to a more expensive product because of the presence of this form — which is not needed, contains no information relevant to my return, and cannot be deleted. What a scam!
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

How do I delete Form 4797? It seems to be "sticky" -- and I suspect that this is by design, since its presence requires you to upgrade to a more expensive product.

You have to go into the program and change the answers that created the form.  Until you do that the form cannot be deleted.  

taylor56

There is nothing on the return that would necessitate that form. This has been double- and triple-checked. The only place where sale of business property is mentioned at all in the return is as part of the home office deduction section (needed for my state return even though it no longer works as a federal deduction), and the answer there has always been that no business property was sold. The system seems to be including the form as a default and then linking the required upgrade to the presence of the form -- which has never been needed, contains no data, and is undeletable.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies