Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

wdth2bsc

How do I continue where I left off after answering a few questions?

I installed 2023 Disc and got started, how to resume where  I left off?  
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply

@ wdth2bsc wrote:
I installed 2023 Disc and got started, how to resume where  I left off?  

First be sure you are using your installed software and not using Online TurboTax by mistake (yes, it happens.)   Desktop software does not require an open browser.   Online TurboTax is the browser version.   So be sure you are launching your desktop TurboTax program and not using a browser.

Here's another way to tell:  Online TurboTax has vertically-oriented program tabs (menu) in a black left column menu.   Desktop TurboTax has light gray horizontal tabs across the top of the screen.

So assuming you started a tax return in your installed software from the CD, and that your return was saved when you exited, launch the TurboTax program, and after it offers to update (if applicable), you'll arrive at the main screen.  You may see a large icon with the name of your saved return.  That large icon is a shortcut to your started return.   Click on it to open your return. Or you can open your return by clicking FILE in the top left corner of the TurboTax interface and in the dropdown menu choose "OPEN tax return" then selecting the return to open.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies