Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

sutherlandws
Returning Member

How do I calculate quarterly taxes if I have regular income, filing married/jointly, and have a new LLC with NO net income in Q2?

I was let go from my prior job Jan 31st of this year and received severance pay, accrued vacation, and 1/month normal pay, all with taxes pulled out.  I set up an LLC (single person) for possible consulting, with NO income in Q2. My wife has a job with regular income, with taxes pulled out. We have field married/jointly every year.  I need help figuring out what I need to do for Quarterly taxes for my LLC if I have 0 (net negative) income for Q2.
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

How do I calculate quarterly taxes if I have regular income, filing married/jointly, and have a new LLC with NO net income in Q2?

You don’t have to pay estimated tax for a quarter you had no income. Make sure that your total withholding at least equals your previous tax liability. 

sutherlandws
Returning Member

Do I still need to file a 1040 ES or other document, so that the IRS is made aware that I have no income this quarter?

No, that’s not necessary. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies